About this site
There’s been complaints that this website was overly cryptic about who I am. To that end, a thumbnail biography follows:
- There’s only one Paul / Paul-Michael / P-M Agapow in the world. If you’re looking for that name, it’s me and this is my personal website. If you’re looking for another Agapow, they may be in Australia, Canada, the US, France or Russia.
- I'm from Australia, although many years removed at this point. I was brought up in Brisbane, studied in Melbourne and now live & work in London.
- I do biomedical research for a living (biomedical data science, precision medicine, translational bioinformatics, etc.), although I used to do research on conservation & macroevolution. I’ve published on this, given some talks and written some associated software.
- According to an industry blogger, I'm "charismatic and consciously antagonistic". In Italy, I’m apparently “a repository of video art on the border between performance, work and virtuality”.
- The last time I looked, I had an Erdos number of 4.
Due to spam and shifting jobs, many of the previous email addresses I've used are no longer operational. However paul (at) agapow.net will work. I’m always interested in hearing of jobs, employment or collaborations.
Some tracks I’ve left elsewhere on the web include:
- I’m on Twitter, but this is a work identity: I talk mainly about disease and computational biology. My feed was once described as "a constant torrent of misery and suffering". Ditto LinkedIn.
- There are various other social media profiles, but they're for friends and family and I'm trying to kick social media.
- I can also be found on Meetup, where I help run the Bioinformatics London, the London-on-Board board game club and the London Country & Folk group.